Sunday, February 3, 2013

January 21, 2013 (Week 23)

January 21, 2013




Familia Guatzozon. I miss them.
As for the months... it's nuts. The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. I'm already close to 1/4 done with my mission.... wow, it's starting to hit my comp who has 13 months in the mish hard. I'm in the middle of downtown central. So if you see a bunch of boats, or traintracks, or a huge patio with palm trees next to the ocean, go east and that's my area... haha it's pretty sweet to be in centro, but there's this tradition called carnival. It's 14 days and everyone drinks and dresses up all sleazy.. not sure if they will pull us out. I hope not. We are ordering scripture cases in leather from a shop down there... if not we can have a member pick them up. But yeah. Interesting time to be in the Centro. Its a one of a kind area... but anyways. Yeah.

As for packages, I sent mom an email of what I'd love. A huge freaking duffel. I hate air packing my clothes. I can put all the souveneirs and junk I find in the office in the smaller suitcase too. But I have no room for this hammock unless I get that duffel. haha. So send it fast in case I get transfered in 4 weeks. Or 2 if carnival happens and we get pulled out, which is a possiblity.

The hammock is heavenly. It's like sleeping in a big hug all night. Mine is smaller than my comps but mine is like a cocoon. But a north wind came in, and your weather froze us all out. People here are freezing. And I dont have a sweater or blanket. Just a sheet haha but I think the norths are done until May when it's norths from down south that bring up the month of hell. Literally. Tierra Blanca se llama la novia del sol. Missionaries think often about going home in may. Gulp. I want to feel it. Tired of heaaring about it! But yeah.

I got a letter from PJ and Dan. PJ said he wrote me two months ago, but I never got it. I think they might be blocking my account... so tell everyone to buy the right stamp at the post office. It gets here faster. I just got your postcard mom. From December 6. I got it Saturday.. haha the mail here sucks... but yeah. It's more reliable and it's not gonna get blocked. If they don't lose the letter that is. But yeah. I'm waiting to get more USBs and memory chips, then I'll send home a flat rate package home with everything in it and start fresh. Because I literally don't know which card or USB has which. I'm so lost. So I'll leave you to sort them out! We get the Liahona down here so you don't have to send them anymore. Thanks for thinking of me though.

Tell Jack and Tamara thanks! I got their postcard. Tell them to enjoy a nice pie for me.

I want dessert.... I don't get dessert anymore...

 
We had Elder José L. Alonzo come this Friday and talk. The 2nd guy in the first quorom of the 70. He spoke with such power. The pity party that we had for ourselves last Sunday, Monday, and basically the hole we dug for ourselves and trying to get out of because we didn't baptize, or get letters or anything, well, he threw us right out. Spoke for 2 hours of straight power and motivation. Man it was great. I loved it. We were about to turn to red bull to 'fly' out of our hole, but Alonzo did a better job. But don't worry, mom. You'll like some photos on this next card.. :) there isn't Mountain Dew down here!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!
There was a drunk guy, named Paquiao. after the boxer. One of the teens we were talking to called him over and said PAQUIAO! left left right right uppercut! and this drunk guy was stumbling down the street punching the air and putting his arms up like he was Rocky. He came back and acted like he wanted to fight me hahahaha i didn't know what to do. I can't beat anyone up, let alone a drunk jajaja. it was great. PAQUIAO!!!! jajaja

I'm not in Elder Boyd's area, but I finally got to see him and Elder Smith again at the conference. Man. Elder Smith. that's gonna be a fun year at BYU. Especially since we will be living with 4 Spanish speakers that speak the same dialect. We can say whatever the heck we want.

But as for the weight.. since I finished my 5 kilos of pancake, I haven't put on any weight. Ive actually lost a bit. A ton of muscle. my Pecs are squishy and according to my comp he's working on the spare tire around his waist hahahahahah. but yeah.

Once again, your favorite, and only, missionary is signing off. Don't cry, its only another 8 days until you hear me again. (they count the day you're in as well as the day next week. Hence, 8 instead of 7 Real backwards, and I cant stand it, pero así es) stay thirsty my friends. Thirsty for the knowledge and fountain of gospel truths that is. jajaja hasta el proximó... Élder Mortensen.
 
P.S. The cockroach in my FREAKING FROSTED FLAKES. I was soooo stoked for that second bowl.



That's NOT a cornflake!



No comments:

Post a Comment