Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10, 2013 (Week 43)

June 10, 2013

Well this week has been pretty fun. I've enjoyed it quite a bit.
 
We finally baptized Guillermina. She snuck out with her daughter Abisag to the baptism. Abi was verrrrrry against us. "NO Mom. WE are Pentecostal." But she came Sunday, and left crying during the plan of salvation because she felt it was true. She ran out of the class and went and prayed. Came back and asked how to get to the Celestial Kingdom. We told her only through the Gospel. She said ok. We went to her house after and talked to her. Ended up being there 3 hours and taught her basically everything. Shes going in the water Saturday! She's following her nephew and her mom to Heaven. Pretty cool actually. Putting up with all the mission crap sometimes makes you wonder why you're putting up with it. But when you see someone actually convert, it's quite the experience. It makes sludging through the "mission" part worth it. But then you just forget about the dumb things that other people are doing and you just keep working with your companion and then you get little nuggets here and there that are just great. Es algo muy genial. [It's just great]
 
We got in a fight with some police this week. They are doing a dumb stop and search on the freeway (one lane) and are always there. Its the only through way in the crossing so we walk it 20 times a day. Some tool with a M16 thought it would be cool to stare down the gringo and his buddy, so we stared back. He almost ran into a pole, and must have gotten embarrased, so the next time, he stopped us and demanded Identification. "Uhhh.. on what terms?" "You freaking this you "#"#$% that". It's like "whooooaaaa. No need for the language." We started to preach, and he got pissed, but he had nothing to hold us on. I said, "I'm American. You won't have me in your system. I don't know why you want to know who I am. You're being an idiot." Elder Mendez said, "Is that all?" "No, that ain't "#$ "#$%&%$/ all! blah blah blah!"  "Is that all now?" "Yeah. Leave. Now." So everytime we pass bye he glares, but I think he got in trouble, so he doesn't do anything. Idiot with a gun.
 
The mission also banned Coca Cola. They hate it more than Satan I think... the ZL and Assistants call us to see if we are drinking coke. Umm... why don't you call to see if I'm really breaking the Word of Wisdom? Or why don't you save your breath and call the kids doing dumb things? haha. It's interesting the rules they come up with. But, like I said, you just gotta keep pushing on, and the PEOPLE make it worth it. That's what I've learned. It's not the MISSION that changes you, it's the PEOPLE that you learn to live change and Love. Even if they do give me weird looks cause I'm 6´2 white guy. It's like what the..... OJOS AZULES!!!! [Blue Eyes]
 
I love it here. Don't any of you ever doubt it. Maybe I'm gaining 25 pounds, and not losing them like Jake, but I love it. I love Mexico, the food, the culture, and the people. 
 
And all you white people scare me.
 
Elder Monster 
(see attached photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment