Saturday, December 21, 2013

December 16, 2013 (Week 70)

December 16, 2013

I swear the Relief Society teamed up to give us vegetables and beef in hot water and chicken in slimy gravy every single day this month. It's destroying me! haha.
 
Anyways, Deynni se bautizó [was baptized]. That was pretty cool. Still doesn't top last week, but she sure was converted. It was cool to see her change. She never had a single question for us!! Pretty cool. I love the Plan of Salvation question I made up... Hermana... are you prepared to meet God in this very moment? 99/100 times they say no and the Spirit tells them they need baptism, and they always say baptism and repentance. Read the scriptures Garrett and Riley.  I doubt it will ever click WHY the Book of Mormon has the fullness of the gospel until the mission but it will! It's crazy. Just read and study. Alma 34. Read that as a family. I love it in Spanish.
 
 
As for the weekly apostasy, the Catholics are straight crazy. The 12th of Diciembre is the Dia de la Virgen de Guadalupe and boy are they nuts up here. From the 1st to the 12th, fireworks all night, parades, images, singing happy birthday to the virgin, motorcycles.. I've got nothin against the Catholics in the states but they sure are pretty crazy down here in Veracruz. As Maria (my convert) says: a whole bunch of fireworks and parades for the virgin and I bet not a single little firework for Jesus! haahaha. Man, it sure was difficult to sleep with parades at 2 in the morning outside of the house hahaha.
 
The time is going by so fast. Its 10:30 at night before we blink. I feel bad for Elder Cerna. He just started, haha. It's going by faster than I want it to. The days are over before we know it. Not a whole lot is happening. Just praying really hard and finding faith to keep working.
 
I love you all. Gotta go. nos vemos [see you later]!
 
Elder Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment