Monday, May 12, 2014

April 28, 2014 (Week 89)

April 28, 2014

Well, I don't have a quote, but I've got good news. Apparently I didn't get too fat because all the kids in a neighborhood call me Captain America, hahahaha. I'm famous in a few colonias. That's the good news.
 
The bad news, some dumb member called President Treviño and said we were bummin' around in the local malls... (just like that chismosa [gossiper] in Austin's church! "Quick come police! They are gonna rob and burn down the church! Send the whole squad! They are two boys playing basketball but super suspicious!!!)" People sure do love to twist the truth and spread the gossip to the new area 70. Buddyin up! Anyways, even though the assistants said it was alright to go to the super market chedruai, (it's situated like a walmart or a target next to a mall) President isn't happy. I'm not sure what he heard, but he's not too happy we went to a mall (even though we didn't even enter the thing). I wish someone would have told us... I hate it when things like this happen... stupid gossip. 
 
But this week we saw miracles. It was so cool. We had 3 great lessons just filled with the Holy Ghost Monday (strangely enough after drinking two Mountain Dews...) haha. But we had 2 lessons with investigators that just seemed to lurch forward in their progress. Then I gave a blessing to a woman that came to church and loved it. She was going in for surgery, pretty complicated, so we gave her a blessing super powerful, and God heard, and answered. The doctors didn't have to do half the things they thought, and she was the first patient this doctor has ever seen that hasn't needed a blood transplant. She is recuperating about 2 or 3 times faster than thought too. God has not ceased his miracles. We might go visit her this week. The whole family was in the blessing and everyone wants to go to church and get baptized... I'll keep ya posted. What great faith. she felt the spirit super strong Sunday and said it was even stronger during the blessing. She felt a warmth spread through her whole body...
 
Jueves [Thursday] we ate with a woman, and her husband was watching soccer. He told us he isn't a member and hasn't gotten baptized because he's a state policeman and goes away for a month at a time, and wants to get baptized when he retires. We explained the Holy Ghost, and how sometimes different jobs require us to be away from home, and he said alright, I'll ask God. We went back the next day, and he said "yeah, I feel pretty good about it. I'll go to church, and next week, yeah, I'll get baptized." His son just barely turned 16 and got ordained to be a priest this weekend! Talk about timing!!! He gets baptized on the 3rd, confirmed the 4th, then leaves on the 5th.
 
The sisters had a baptism. After the baptism we watched the The Bible video from the church (the new poderosos [powerful] of the Life of Jesus) with the font doors open, and I bore my testimony to the group after the video, super powerful, and then after I sat down, a family of 4, (the mom is member, her two daughters and son in law aren't) called me over and whispered "my daughter wants to know if she can gets baptized this weekend"... I said of course!!! The lord gave us 2 baptisms when we had nothing. Everything we can do with God. I love it.
 
I want you all to study Grace this week. How Grace helps us. I studied it, and really, it has a whole lot more to do with our daily life than we think...

Motorcycles with tortillas and coolers driving through
your local neighborhood to deliver them hot and recently made!
 
Love you all, Elder Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment