Sunday, July 13, 2014

July 7, 2014 (Week 99)

July 7, 2014

If I had 4 pesos for each taco I've eaten, I'd be about even.

I'm actually losing weight. I don't know whats happening to me.. and I eat like 20 tacos every week. This last change of my life [transfer of my mission] I'm gonna be eating like 3 times a week hahaha. I love them. Ricky (a cool member from Tierra Blanca) is gonna bring me some of those Tacos Morin the next time he comes down. That'll be sweet haha.

This week, was pretty normal. The worst part about the mission now is that I'm just bored of it all. The zone classes, and the district classes, and the planning, It's all just monotone haha. but I'm still working really hard, don't get me wrong. Still waking up at 6:05 every morning, and running to the river and back, still studying, still walking fast, still eating tacos (real important rule, I'm 100% obedient to that one hahaha) at least 2x a week, and still going to bed at 10:30. woo. Working hard, Praying hard, and trying to endure to the end. Really sucks I just started my last change... That's hard not to think about, This last change flew by. wow.

We were gonna baptize, but her dad went out of town so she and her mom didn't come to church. ay caray. I don't know if we should baptize her. I don't know. That's the worst feeling. Her parents are supportive, but I don't think they are too keen to go to church. Oh well.. Aracely just barely started her 5 week mark, and is stoked for her baptism this Sunday. That's good. I'm happy for her. She smoked like 10 days ago, and everyone is freakin out, but I'm the only one who actually sees her. Her life is just bad. she's had a very hard life, and is just looking for something. She doesn't have an addiction, she needs the Holy Ghost. That's all. But nevertheless, we are making sure she's got that broken heart and contrite spirit. When she gets the chance to start over her life will completely change.

I'm not gonna lie, the mission is getting harder, not my mission, I'm talking about the mission work in general. Westhoff says the baptisms are down all over the world. President says that Satan is working 100% all day and all night with all of his demons as a team. All of them working for one goal, and that's why they are winning right now. We can't figure that one simple thing out. Working as a team. Members and missionaries all working in the work of salvation. It's frustrating sometimes. The members down here aren't too pumped to do missionary work. A small handful. But man, it's hard. Really fighting hard to get the ward moving. Something weird did happen yesterday... a scripture has been fulfilled in my life, but that's a story for the Book of Conner. (sorry dad, 6 weeks big guy) hahahaha.

Well, I'm not sure what else to write, I'm trying hard to help my companion. He freaks out over the money change here and doesn't buy or eat much. It's been kind of a brutal wake up call for him. Money, banks, shopping, laundry, writing. I don't think he got out much. I'm trying to help him little by little, but he is getting there. I hope he can start to get the hang of things. In my prayers I feel like I need to focus more on him, and less on the area. It makes sense, I'm supposed to be his trainer. It's actually really hard. But its a good trial for me to finish off the mission. I gotta be a better trainer and helping him to understand. He knows what's going on, but he is still lost. We will see how this goes this change! I've got a good feeling for it. The last is always the best right? Let's hope. 

Love you all,

Elder Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment