Monday, July 8, 2013

July 8, 2013 (Week 47)

July 8, 2013

Free English Classes at the Church
Well this week has been interesting. I drank a Mountain Dew last night, (I have my sources :) ) and I ended up remembering home. Super crazyyyy. I dreamt I got home, and saw the pantry with Pop Tarts and cereal and good stuff and I fainted. Shay and Holly started screaming at me in Spanish and it was weird. hahaha. Mountain dew is fun :) Send me some more would ya?
 
This week was fun. It rained a lot. We got soakkeeeed. Had some fun in the rain. Running around at 9 at night jumping in puddles. People are like "those gringos are nuts. Freaking Mormons hahahaha." I'll try and get a picture sent home that I took of the storm. Boy, did it just come right in! pretty crazy. The streets become rivers.
 
 
As for the 4th of July, I'll send home a foto of Tierra York, and also of my tie and a street sign. What up.
 
We also baptized a woman named Elizabeth. She was freaking gold. We found her after a crappy door contact and she still let us in, dropped coffee, read everything, and got baptized, and now she's already praying for the well-being of the other people in the ward and for the assistance to increase. SWEEET. She's humble and powerful in ways.
 
Yeah. Interviews are cool, but boy I'll tell ya. Sometimes they get awkward. Especially when you have to call the president's wife on the persons phone because yours doesn't work and then Hna TreviƱo has to look for the president. Awkward silence...
 
Sacrament meetings are fun. I'll tell ya, playing the piano, and looking to the crowd to see if they are following just to see an Hna pull out her breast and feed her 1 year old kid will throw off the groove a little. Sheesh. They have no shame down here. Little kids run around naked like its nothing, hahaha.
 
Oh yeah. We ate tacos. It's interesting to see how much I've changed. You walk into McDonalds there and expect a clean table. We ate at a little shop with dirty tables, stools, and 3 peso tacos. My stomach hurt a little after but boy, it sure was nice to eat tacos in the ghettoist part of Mexico and not get sick hahaha. WOO! SOY MEXICANO! [I'm Mexican!]
 
haha. Well I'm out for the week. A ver si puedo mandar algunos fotos luego. Cuidense. [I'll see if I can send some photos later. take care of yourselves]
 
Elder Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment